Actively participate in the cleaning of sea beds.
Actively participate in research and divulgation of the natural values.
Enjoy with your family the marine ecosystems in Tenerife
Level: Basic level. to 20m
More than fifteen years ago, a tourism company sank two boats about 20 meters deep for their activities in the vicinity of Puerto Colón, about 200 meters from the coast
After changing its location, the company abandoned these wrecks that eventually were covered and filled with life.
By becoming a small artificial reef near the coast different species have occupied this place in a fixed way as huge groups of Bastard grunts (Pomadasys incisus), Cow bream (Sarpa salpa) and Striped seabream (Lithognathus mormyrus) reside between the two boats. It is common for fry banks to take refuge near this protection with the consequent arrival of Almako jacks (Seriola rivoliana) and Atlantic bonitos (Sarda sarda) searching for food. It is always an exciting vision to see them swimming. inside the wrecks we can find different types of crustaceans, nudibranchs and hopefully some seahorse. They use all the remains of the ship’s interior to be able to hook their tail and settle there.
Info and Prices
price/Adult (35€ Resident in Canary Islands)
Aprox 2,5 hours tour
Departure from Puerto Colón in Costa Adeje.
Diving Point will always be dependent on weather conditions
Immersion for certified divers includes:
- All the necessary material for immersion, neoprene suits, fins, masks, jackets …
- Different stops on an interpretive tour to explain the environmental characteristics of the South of Tenerife.
- Technology that will help to perceive nature with the 5 senses (cameras, interpretative cards …)
- Appetizers and drinks
Human team experienced in conservation. Didactic material that will facilitate the recognition of underwater species. Directly observe processes of recovery of the marine environment.
One of the best boats adapted for diving around the south of Tenerife. On board the “Jacaré Uno” each corner is designed for the comfort of divers.
- It is necessary to have previous experience and a diving license that credits this experience (dive LOG, PADI titles, FEDAS ...).
- It is highly recomended that if you have special sensitivity to sea sickness, take pills for sea sickness at least half an hour before boarding. The “Yacaré Uno” is a very stable and comfortable boat but there are people with high sensitivity. Do not let anything spoil your experience.
- Sun protection is highly recommended.
Diving instructor with vast experience. Great connoisseur of the marine environment with great experience in recreational and scientific diving. Founder of the association Oceano Sostenible with great representation in the forums on conservation and biodiversity on the islands.
Boat skipper and sea lover. Great sense of humor that makes people feel confortable from the first minute. Great connoisseur of the marine wildlife and canarian environment.
Don’t be shy
If we have not answered all your questions or you want more information don’t hesitate to contact us any moment
Where we are
We are located in Puerto Colón (pontoon 4). Southwest coast of Tenerife.