Cueva de la morena
This is one of the most well known and famous dives in the south of Tenerife. About 30 minutes from our home harbor you will find one of the gates of underwater volcanic openings most known by divers.
30 meters deep and on the sand, we can stand before the entrance of this formidable cavity that can make us understand the geological forces that acted in this area.
Open to the ocean with the high depths near the point of immersion, it is common to see round stingrays (Taeniura grabata) and Giant butterfly rays (Gymnura altavela) in the area that goes from the deepest areas to the walls and caves that are in this dive. Throughout the rocky front, a large number of different types of moray eels, black moray (Muraena augusti), murion (Gymnotorax unicolor), moray eagle (Enchelycore anatina) reside continuously and although they look at us defiantly they are completely harmless for the Diver … if we do not bother them, of course…
In this same point, you can make up to three different dives depending on the experience of the diver. For advanced divers we can make even a special dive that exists in the area. It is special because it reaches 40 meters and also by the unique phonolitic roques that we can observe. Jacques Cousteau himself visited this immersion many years ago because of the huge expanses of brown garden eel that can be seen.
An unique experience with a highly quialified team.
Enjoy the interpretation of the marine environment with experts.
Enjoy with your family the ocean ecosystem in Tenerife
Level: Every level. From shallow waters to 40m depth.
Info and Pricing
Aprox 2,5 horas tour
Departure from Puerto Colón depending on weather conditions.
Immersion for certified divers includes:
- All the necessary material for immersion, neoprene suits, fins, masks, jackets …
- Different stops on an interpretive tour to explain the environmental characteristics of the South of Tenerife.
- Technology that will help to perceive nature with the 5 senses (cameras, interpretative cards …)
- Appetizers and drinks
Human team experienced in conservation. Didactic material that will facilitate the recognition of underwater species. Directly observe processes of recovery of the marine environment.
One of the best boats adapted for diving around the south of Tenerife. On board the “Jacaré Uno” each corner is designed for the comfort of divers.
- It is necessary to have previous experience and a diving license that credits this experience (dive LOG, PADI titles, FEDAS ...).
- It is highly recomended that if you have special sensitivity to sea sickness, take pills for sea sickness at least half an hour before boarding. The “Yacaré Uno” is a very stable and comfortable boat but there are people with high sensitivity. Do not let anything spoil your experience.
- Sun protection is highly recommended.
Diving instructor with vast experience. Great connoisseur of the marine environment with great experience in recreational and scientific diving. Founder of the association Oceano Sostenible with great representation in the forums on conservation and biodiversity on the islands.
Boat skipper and sea lover. Great sense of humor that makes people feel confortable from the first minute. Great connoisseur of the marine wildlife and canarian environment.
Don’t be shy
If we have not answered all your questions or you want more information don’t hesitate to contact us any moment
Where we are
We are located in Puerto Colón (pontoon 4). Southwest coast of Tenerife.