Located about 100 meters away from the coast there is a geologically very interesting underwater area due to the rock formations that can be found.
At the very same point we can carry out two different dives: One of basic level in which the 20 meters of depth are not surpassed, and another of intermediate level where 30 meters of depth are reached. For that reason a license of advanced diver is required.
After the disappearance of the very high population of lime sea urchin (Diadema antillarum), the algal coverage of the area has once again covered the bottom surface and as a consequence most of the species of fish and invertebrates that live associated with these plant organisms returned to occupy their places in the food chain.
The Bastard Grunt (Pomadasys incisus), Striped Seabream (Lithognatus mormyrus) and White seabream (Diplodus sargus) groups are very visible in rocky habitats and the different types of stingrays in the sandy areas. For its delicacy and the difficulty to be found in other points, the protagonists of this dive are the groups of violescent sea-whip (Paramuricea clavata) that can be found in the mid-level dive.
An unique experience with a highly quialified team.
Enjoy the interpretation of the marine environment with experts.
Enjoy with your family the ocean ecosystem in Tenerife
Level: Medium or advanced. 20 m or 30 m of depth.
Info and Pricing
Aprox 2,5 horas tour
Salidas desde Puerto Colón en Costa Adeje.
Departure from Puerto Colón depending on weather conditions.
Immersion for certified divers includes:
- All the necessary material for immersion, neoprene suits, fins, masks, jackets …
- Different stops on an interpretive tour to explain the environmental characteristics of the South of Tenerife.
- Technology that will help to perceive nature with the 5 senses (cameras, interpretative cards …)
- Appetizers and drinks
Human team experienced in conservation. Didactic material that will facilitate the recognition of underwater species. Directly observe processes of recovery of the marine environment.
One of the best boats adapted for diving around the south of Tenerife. On board the “Jacaré Uno” each corner is designed for the comfort of divers.
- It is necessary to have previous experience and a diving license that credits this experience (dive LOG, PADI titles, FEDAS ...).
- It is highly recomended that if you have special sensitivity to sea sickness, take pills for sea sickness at least half an hour before boarding. The “Yacaré Uno” is a very stable and comfortable boat but there are people with high sensitivity. Do not let anything spoil your experience.
- Sun protection is highly recommended.
Diving instructor with vast experience. Great connoisseur of the marine environment with great experience in recreational and scientific diving. Founder of the association Oceano Sostenible with great representation in the forums on conservation and biodiversity on the islands.
Boat skipper and sea lover. Great sense of humor that makes people feel confortable from the first minute. Great connoisseur of the marine wildlife and canarian environment.
Don’t be shy
If we have not answered all your questions or you want more information don’t hesitate to contact us any moment
Where we are
We are located in Puerto Colón (pontoon 4). Southwest coast of Tenerife.